In the Master's degree course, a scientific internship must be completed (see the respective “Fachspezifische Bestimmungen”). Scientific internships can be completed at public and industrial research facilities.
Please note the following points:
- The total duration of 8 weeks can be divided into several internships.
- The minimum running time for an internship is two weeks.
- Internships can also be completed part-time, during semesters, and are then billed according to the weekly working time for the 8 weeks.
- Students must first have the potential internship approved by the Examination Board (form see below).
- Furthermore, students must register for the internship module in sb@home in the semester in which it has been completed. A retroactive posting is not possible.
- After completion of the internship, the internship must be confirmed by the internship office (form see below).
- In addition, according to FSB, internship report (see below) must be written (two pages).
- Among other things, this is intended to help younger semesters in their internship search.
- A prerequisite for a successful completion of the scientific internship is the submission of all the documents mentioned to Mr. Chris Zimmerer (e-mail possible).
Requirements for the master’s internship
The following criteria should at least be fulfilled to recognize a master's internship:
- Is carried out at the Department of Psychological Ergonomics or Human Computer Interaction of the University of Würzburg (external internships only after individual agreement)
- Minimum period of two weeks
- Supervisor has university degree in HCI, computer science or psychology, at least Master level
- Practical work is clearly located in the HCI context