Master Thesis & HCI Projekt
Application for Master thesis
In consultation with the supervisor of the work, the application for assignment of a Master Thesis must be submitted in writing to the Examination Office. To do this, complete the application form for a Master thesis together with your supervisor and have it signed by the Examination Board.
Notes on finding topics
Contact potential supervisors at an early stage to define a topic for the project or thesis. Calls for topics can be found on the following pages:
- Open tenders within the fields of Psychological Ergonomics
- Open tenders within the fields of Human-Computer Interaction
Should you consider writing your thesis at the HCI Chair, please see the notes on Writing a Thesis on the websites of the HCI Chair.
Notes on writing a thesis
For more information, please refer to the Writing a Thesis of the HCI Chair. Regulations on the language and formatting of the thesis can be found in the ASPO, §23 paragraph (9) and (10).
Instructions for delivery
The submission of a thesis at the Examination Office comprises the following documents:
- The work is printed in duplicate with declaration of honor signed by hand
- On a CD or USB stick: Digital version of the work, ideally including digitally signed declaration of honor, as well as if available code and other relevant materials such as questionnaires, evaluations, etc.
Notes on how to change the title
For a change of title after a successful registration of the Bachelor thesis, an informal letter with the following content must be handed in at the examination office:
- Name, address, matriculation number, course of studies, type of work
- New title of the work
- Signature of the supervisor
- Own signature